Saturday, April 5, 2014

Golf Story of My Life


I love the game of golf. Whenever I have the time (sometimes I make time), I will go out and play golf with friends. The game taught me a lot about about patience and perseverance. As I enjoy my chosen sports, I am reminded that my life if just like my
golf. This is the golf story of my life.

You run into unexpected obstacles when you play golf, so do you in life. You may think that you have everthing figured out. Everything is happening as planned – you’ve graduated from the university, have a great career, you got married and have kids. Suddenly, your plan got derailed. You are on the verge of becoming a single mom. In golf, a bad shot may ruin your plans to make birdie. In life, there are several obstacles we’ll face. It is important to keep our composure and maintain a positive perspective. Take these obstacles as challenges; challenges to make you a better and enduring person. Commit to overcoming these challenges. The best way to do this is to commit your life to God. Every morning is a new day, a new beginning. Focus on God and commit to Him your day and you will less likely to get caught up with your problems and find strength to overcome your challenges.

In golf, it is important to have a routine; maintain a consistency. You must be comfortable with your technique to avoid variations in your shots and focus on strategy. Same is true with life. You must be consistent and maintain good habits like eating healthy, exercising, being with good company, etc. if you want to live long and stay well.

Not all your shots will turn out good but we need to react positively when this happens. After a bad shot is an opportunity to make the next shot (or game) a better one. In life, every obstacle is a unique circumstance that should not discourage you but could make you into a better person. As a single mom, I found the strength I never thought I have. I realized that I was creative, ingenious and capable of giving love unconditionally. I also learned that I have a lot of friends.

In golf, there can be a shot that is so easy and yet you fail to hit it. You feel an intense emotion and you just hate yourself for it. In life, the most difficult person to forgive is yourself. I found it difficult to forgive myself. How did I allow myself to end up as a single mom? I blamed myself for a wrong plan, wrong judgment, wrong love. It took a while but I’ve now forgiven myself and feel relaxed just like my golf; if I missed an easy shot, I forgive myself and enjoy my game just the same.

My golf, my life; my game has taught me a lot or is it the other way around? My life has taught me to play my golf better and enjoy the game. This is the golf story of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment