Thursday, April 11, 2013

I Need a Break


I am not complaining.  I love life and I enjoy it.  But, today I would just like to say I am tired and I need a break!
Single moms, I know you’re with me. Parenting is a serious job; an overwhelming task for two people.  So, since you are raising your kids alone, how do I describe your job? How do I describe you?  You are a super single mom, an awesome single mom!  But you are tired; you are dead tired!
Do you sometimes feel so tired, alone, misunderstood and unappreciated?  Can any human being multi-task better than you do?  You are the Chief Executive Officer, banker, maid, nanny, psychologist, nurse, tutor, cook, plumber, driver, gardener and more!  You do all of these and yet people around you seem to demand more.  How do you tell them you only have 24 hours a day, like they do?
People would sometimes praise you because you were able to bring up great kids alone - kids who will someday make great contributions to society.  Your kids are growing up as responsible citizens and are not a problem to society.  They are working their way to college and are in no way involved in drugs or crimes.  They are what our society would call assets.
You are in the habit of going out of your way to help anyone in need, because that’s just you; that’s your nature.  You are kindhearted (probably the result of the things you've gone through?). You are understanding and accommodating. You’ve been through a lot of challenges and have overcome those challenges; so somehow people look up to you now. They see you as everything they need rolled into one human being, single mom. The constant favors have become somewhat your duty, your obligation. Sadly, when you deny favors, the same people who laud you are also the same ones who talk behind your back.  Regardless of what they say, you need to sometimes say “no” because you are tired; you are dead tired!
When you feel dead tired, just go for a break.  People around you may not like it and may not understand it, but who cares.  You need a break, you deserve one!
If you feed that you don’t have the energy to cook a meal to feed your little ones, give them cereals.  If they are old enough, tell them to cook their own meal, wash the dishes and even wash the laundry. If this is not possible, leave the dishes and laundry for a day or two.  Don’t worry they will not rot.  If your friend asks you to drive for her, tell her to get a chauffeur ;). Just take your needed break and rest for the day.
Today, I just want to say that I am with you single moms.  Let’s take a break, relax and rest.  Today, I am keeping my blog sort and sweet for we need to take a break from our ever daunting multi-tasking career.
I salute you super single moms and bid you a relaxing, carefree, timeless, no deadline day!  Let’s celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment