Sunday, March 24, 2013

Bounce Back

A friend of mine had to make a very difficult decision but I believe it was a very good one.  She closed her restaurant business.  She put her heart and soul to her restaurant business but had to shut it down because it is no longer profitable. Competition is very tough, fast food chains are opening close to her restaurant.  The economy is not getting better forcing people to dine at home or in fast food chains.  She told me that no matter how you love the place you have to let it go.

That last sentence struck me as I recalled how I was devastated after I lost almost everything when the company I’ve worked for closed its office.  I served that company well and was instrumental in its growth and success.  Unfortunately, it was terribly hit by the economic depression causing it to downsize and close its branch in my area.  My life was shattered.  I didn’t know what to do.  I am a single mom and don’t have anyone to turn to for financial help. I shut myself from the world hoping that when I finally come out from my hiding place, things will have taken the normal course of mending itself and things will be better.  Unfortunately, this is not a normal course.  I had to do something and do it fast; otherwise, my kids will suffer for my immaturity and emotional imbalance.


Shutting down a business or losing a job is nothing compared to losing a husband. Research proves that it is possible to die of a broken heart. Immense grief of losing a loved one may lead to death in 3 years from the time the spouse has died.  This same research claims that this is true not just for elderly couples but also for couples in their 30s and 40s.

Regardless of how we became single moms, we were devastated in the process.
Life is a journey and we can never predict what will happen along the way.  Life is full of twists and turns.  Learning to navigate these bumps and turns will help us go through life unscathed.  As single moms, we must always remember that we are not traveling alone.  We are to drive responsibly to ensure that we get our kids safe and secured in life.
Support groups and our spiritual maturity will help us bounce back.  We must learn to look forward to new beginnings and endeavours. As soon as I realized my immature response when I lost my job, I resolved to learn new ways of earning money.  With a strong background in MLM (multi-level marketing), I embraced the power of the internet to expand my network.  I taught myself the intricacies of internet marketing and today; I am blessed to have a successful online marketing business.  I also teach and mentor single moms and anyone interested in having an online business venture.  
We should count our blessings and bounce back from the twists and turns that life offers.  We need to learn to enjoy everything we have and not lament over what we don't have. We need to keep moving, keep driving till our last turn comes to a full stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment